Old 13-08-2007, 01:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Pickled Vegtables

In article ,
rachael simpson wrote:

Aluckyguess wrote:
I pickled a bunch of peppers with onions and carrots and whatever else I
could get out of the garden. I decided to try them today. I don't know if
its because I did it or not, but those are the best dang tasting peppers I
have ever had. I did it 4 different ways and I cant wait to try the next
batch but that will be a few weeks.

Wow...never thought about pickling any of those....what methods,
seasonings, etc, did you use? what type peppers?

Your kidding, right? You never heard of gardenia antipasto, pickeled
vegetables? There must be some pisanos in N.C. somewhere. Gardenia used
to be found in grocery stores but it seems that it isn't as prevalent as
it used to be. Usually, cauliflower, peppers, carrots, bell peppers,
cocktail onions, ect.

Did you get much rain? Thanks again for the recipes.
--
FB - FFF

Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/