Old 13-08-2007, 05:08 AM posted to austin.gardening
jOhN jOhN is offline

Default What to do?

Owen wrote:
Hi, first time I'v 'posted', and i need your help! Moved into our new
house three weeks ago, has a large established garden, and we dont know
anything about gardening, so i will be picking your brains quite often.
But the thing i am worried about at the moment is, we have a pear tree
and all of its leaves are coverd with rust spots. does this mean that
the tree has to come down? should i call a tree surgen? can they be
trusted to give me the correct advice? The pear tree is close to other
trees, hedges & rose bushes which are not affected. Any advice? Thanks

Although I've lived in the area for +30 years I would, in your case, pay
a certified arborist to take a gander. My guess is that not much is too
off kilter but they could help point you in the right direction for the
area's idiosyncrasies.

..