Old 12-08-2007, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg Chris Hogg is offline

Default Need to Mulch whole garden in Autumn, but...

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 20:32:51 +0100, AngeTheUnsure
wrote:

Oh pleassssse help,

AngeTheUnsure;737238 Wrote:
don't know what to use! I've seen (professionally prepared) bags of
manure compost for mulching, would this be good? Or would it need to be
dug in a bit? You all know I'm a raw beginner at this, but am desparate
to succeed too. Our soil here in rural Lincolnshire is VERY Clay. We've
got one of those garden Vacuums that shread the leaves and garden twigs
etc - would that do?

AngeTheUnsure
xx

In addition to what's already been said, compost from garden centres,
sheds etc is an expensive way of doing it. As well as home-generated
compost from shredded hedge trimmings, when these run out I get rotted
shreddings by the (small) lorry-load from a local tree surgeon who
also sells logs. Mulch cheaper that way! :-) When you've got it in
that sort of quantity, you can afford to be generous.

--
Chris