Old 12-08-2007, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_28_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_28_] is offline

Default Tomato Blight

Paul Luton wrote:
:: Just as our outdoor tomatoes are beginning to ripen one plant
:: (Dombito IIRC) has a dark brown section of stem. I panicked ,
:: assuming blight, took off the fruit for ripening indoors and pulled
:: up the plant. The other plants - Gardeners Delight - seem clean
:: apart from yellowing of lower leaves. Do the experts consider that I
:: Have been hasty or wise or is it too late ?
::
:: Thanks
::
:: Paul
::
:: --
:: CTC Right to Ride Representative for Richmond upon Thames

I'm no expert but as there is so much blight around here, we are leaving the
plants in until they collapse as, in our case, the disease will spread
regardless