Old 12-08-2007, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Tomato Blight

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007, crazyhorse wrote:

I'm no expert but as there is so much blight around here, we are leaving the
plants in until they collapse as, in our case, the disease will spread
regardless

Virtually all our outdoor plants have blight this year, although there
are a few struggling stems with an occasional tomato. I'm not
surprised given the July weather. What does surprise me is that our
outdoor cucumbers have been far more prolific this summer than I can
remember for at least ten years.

My plums are poor this year as well as being a fortnight earlier. On the
other hand my apples look better than they've done for years. Maybe I'll
get a decent crop of cider apples this year.

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France