Old 02-04-2003, 05:08 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Cat Litter (can it be used on my flower beds)

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 20:42:21 +0100, Tony Gent wrote:

The cat litter that my cats used is the wood pellet type that soaks up any
mess. Once it has been used in the litter tray would it be ok to dig in my
flower beds (not veg patch). Has anybody got any info to suggest not to do
this?

Due to the composition of cat pee, spent litter may be too "hot"
to put directly on your beds. Do you have a compost heap or bin?
Spent cat litter with the feces screened out makes an excellent
compost activator.

In another reply to the original posting, Kay Easton wrote:

I'd suggest chucking the solid bits down the loo...

....but not all at once. I nearly had a toilet overflow from too
much cat poo dumped into the bowl at one time.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada