Old 13-08-2007, 05:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaning River Rock in Stream

In article ,
Hal wrote:

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 22:51:43 CST, ~ jan wrote:

You could just turn them "upside down" to reveal the colors, but I think
you'll just have algae coated ones again shortly.
San Diego Joe

LOL! That's what I was thinking.... that's what I do, but I only have one
section about 1 foot long, and it is pretty shady, so algae doesn't grow
much or fast, and the stream is pretty swift so keeps the debris to a
minimum. Still... it is doable, maybe a little at a time. ;-) ~ jan

I'm still a bit baffled by this thread. If I had the room for a
stream, I'd want it to grow algae to help absorb nutrients from the
pond, add oxygen and help with keeping the water clear. I'm sorry you
can't see the beautiful colors of stone, but how about the good
benefits. Regards,

Stones are better just to provide a texture to the bottom, and make
nooks and crannies for the pond waste to break down and not get stirred
up as easily.