Old 13-08-2007, 09:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Lemon tree is succeeding

Dave

I do not have the answer to your question but this information also pertains
to citrus trees.

--
Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html
and
Look up "Tree Planting" http://www.treedictionary.com

Improper Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html
and
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/ Look up "Mulch"

Improper Pruning
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning

Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html

Tree Farming and Related Problems
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/
- -
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"Dave" wrote in message
My brother, who was blessed with lemon trees on his property as he bought
it. He gave me a a sack full of lemons last year. I tried 6 seeds. 5
have failed at one point or another in same planter. Transplanted
remaining 1 in a larger container. Its taken off finally. About a foot
tall with leaves abound. Its in a typical planter pot about a foot tall
pot. Have another planter pot twice the height and width.

My intentions are get it to grow until its around 4 foot before
transplanting to the front yard. Read someplace last year, lemon trees
are good for 2 transplants. I want more height so dogs don't bother it.
Should I transplant ot the next larger planter pot, OR, transplant to
where I want it to be in the yard next time?
Dave