Old 13-08-2007, 09:25 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes
Don Staples Don Staples is offline

Default Effective method to prevent emerald ash borer

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
Today I learned that Chestnut oak acorns are born and mature on the
current wood.

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...st-acorns.html

Red oaks - their acorns are born one year and do not mature until the
following year. So they mature on last years wood.

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...nr-acorns.html

Now I do not have a degree, but you can see this for yourself.

I am so happy you discovered acorns grow on oaks. about time you learned
something about trees.

Beware a so called "tree biologist" who has never studied biology.