Old 14-08-2007, 02:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cliff & Sue Drake Cliff & Sue Drake is offline

Default Sticky pots today

"mleblanca" wrote:
John brings plants to the Farmer's Market on Saturdays also. He will bring
specific plants if you let him know what you want.

--What a guy! That's great info to have, thanks!

Yes I am a member of several clubs. The Garden Club here is the
Horticultural Society, also belong to CA Native Plant Society and to the
Butte Rose Society (You might want to attend a meeting some evening with
your Pres. Carolyn, who also is a member)

--That's it! I couldn't think of the name of the garden club to save my
life. (Brain-fade strikes again.) Come to think of it, I've also heard
Carolyn mention the Rose Society -- I'll have to talk to her about it
sometime. Not that I grow any other than the Simplicity hedge roses that
came with the house.... They may well be departing for the green waste bin
one of these days -- they've been doing a great job for about 20 years and
are looking *mighty* tired! When we lived in WI, I grew a few Rugosas and
other 'old' roses -- but haven't had any luck with them here. Since I hate
killing perfectly good plants, I think I'll stick with things like Salvias,
Euphorbias and Agastaches that do much better in my yard! Does the
Horticultural Society also meet at night? I belonged to the local CNPS
chapter for several years, but never made it to a meeting -- I don't drive
at night, except for dire emergencies.

Nice web page. I have attended several PGC meetings, and never miss your
FAB garden tour!! Will check your programs and come up that way this fall

--Thanks! Hope to meet you in person at one of the up-coming meetings --
I'll watch for you when the guests are announced.

Happy trails....

Sue