Old 14-08-2007, 04:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
doofy doofy is offline

Default Celery in my garden

Doogie wrote:
Hi,
Our local store had celery to plant in the garden and so I did this
year. However, I am not sure what to look for to determine if it is
ready or not. I was told by someone that it is similiar to carrots
and that the celery itself would grow underground, I was told by
someone else that isn't the case. In any case, I am not seeing what
looks like celery under the ground or above it. Any thoughts?

Celery would be above ground. Celeriac, or celery root, would be below
ground. Further than that, I'm no help.