Old 14-08-2007, 04:50 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default outdoor pump & filter for a tiny water garden

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 18:18:11 CST, RG wrote:

Would anyone suggest a good low-wattage pump & filter setup for an
outdoor water garden? I've got a plastic tank with about 18 gallons
in it, covered with plants, and including some tadpoles. I'd like to
aerate and filter this stagnating pool of life. Any suggestions?
Everything must be situated outdoors, and it never freezes here in San
Francisco.
Thanks.

I have several pots of that size and I'm just using a cheap air pump and
air stones. You could get a small submerged filter that works on an air
pump also. That would probably be the cheapest wattage wise, and
purchase-wise to go. Most likely all you need is to churn up the surface
to get rid of the scuzz. :-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us