Old 14-08-2007, 04:50 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default outdoor pump & filter for a tiny water garden

In article . com,
RG wrote:

Would anyone suggest a good low-wattage pump & filter setup for an
outdoor water garden? I've got a plastic tank with about 18 gallons
in it, covered with plants, and including some tadpoles. I'd like to
aerate and filter this stagnating pool of life. Any suggestions?
Everything must be situated outdoors, and it never freezes here in San
Francisco.

Thanks.

Aquarium store for a pond that size would be best best. I would think a
very small submergeable pump with a pre-filter (foam piece) on the end.

You'll still be cleaning it.

I don't think you will get really good filtration on a pond that size
unless you configured your pond like an aquarium and had an external
filter. A small external pump will need some protection from rain (they
usually aren't rated for outsdoors use).