Old 14-08-2007, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.transport
cupra cupra is offline

Default Going north from South of Bristol

Graham Harrison wrote:
I need to make a journey from Wincanton to Pershore. It seems to me
that I have several options and if anyone has experience of any of
them I'd be grateful.

1) Straight through Shepton to Bristol M32/M4/M5
2) Bath then A46 then? I could go M4/M5 or up through the Cotswolds
(and that raises some questions) or cut across north of Bristol to
the M5. 3) I don't think going south of Bristol to the M5 is
worthwhile but .....
This will be a day trip so I'd be going AM and returning PM. I'm
flexible about those times so if leaving at 0600 to get through
Bristol is a good idea it's doable. Similarly, if it makes sense to
avoid Bristol at certain times in the PM I can either go on to see
friends in Worcester and come home late or, since I only need an hour
or so in Pershore, I can get back through before the worst probably.

I did think about trains but I may well be purchasing something and I
would need the car to transport it back.

Thanks.

Shepton - Keynsham - A4174 ring road to M32 then M4/M5 would be my choice
if it's early (A4174 car share lane slows it all down at rush hour)