Old 14-08-2007, 06:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Cost of Professional Landscape Design

a lot of gardening centers will send out a designer for free if you
buy your plants at their center. the problem with garden designers is
they tend to have a "look". OTOH, a good center with a great rep will
carry plants that do really well in your area and there wont be THOSE
kinds of mistakes.
just be sure to have in your mind what kind of landscape you want,
what purpose.
all plans start with hardscape and then major trees and bushes.
Ingrid

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 05:38:31 -0700, wrldruler
wrote:
I am considering hiring a professional designer -- but that depends on
the price. I would be interested in just purchasing a design, and
maybe a materials list. But I would want to do the work myself,
perhaps over the next few years depending on how things go.

Anybody know a ballpark figure of what a basic landscape design costs?
I know the answer is "it depends", but I am hoping to get some
ballparks to see if I am barking up the right tree.

Thanks,

Chris