Old 14-08-2007, 06:29 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
JS JS is offline

Default Rocks on top of a plant pot

Bill,

If you don't mind, can we stick with my original question,
whether it is OK or not to put some landscape rocks
on the surface of a pot to make it heavier? It is just a
simple YES or NO answer !!

JIMMY

"William Wagner" wrote in message
In article ,
"JS" wrote:

Most of my pots rest on concrete patio,
and therefore, staking is not practical.

Thanks,

JIMMY

"William Wagner" wrote in message
In article ,
"JS" wrote:

I would like to ask the experts in the forum.
I live in Dallas, TX area where strong wind
and/or thunder storm is very common.
In order to keep my backyard tree pots
from being blown away by the strong wind,
I put rocks (draining type) to make the pots
heavier, that way they can withstand the
strong wind.
Is this OK? am I not going to cause any harm
to the trees (mainly Plumeria and some fruit trees)

Thanks in advance,

JIMMY

No expert here, but ever consider of staking a pot.
Drive a stake and get heavy duty electrical ties and put one or two
about. I'd also look at micro climate possible fixes like a low wall.

Bill who brings his plants onto his porch when it really blows.

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Ever hear of a star drill ?

Bill