Old 14-08-2007, 02:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
CP_Redhead via HomeKB.com CP_Redhead via HomeKB.com is offline

Default Help me figure out what this plant is!

Pat Kiewicz wrote:
CP_Redhead said:

We bought this plant at IKEA (of all places!) a little less than 5 years ago.
We thought it would be a small houseplant that we would kill in just a

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...tion=view&curr

ent=100_1981.jpg

Looks like a Schefflera, AKA umbrella tree. A very leggy Schefflera.
If it's the most common sort, S. actinophylla, it really wants to be a
tree (up to 40 feet tall).

Yeah, it has a long "stump" and is falling over b/c the "stump" can't support
it. I don't think it can survive outdoors in the Seattle, WA area...