Old 14-08-2007, 07:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default How to control Decorative Grass

joevan expounded:

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:32:19 -0400, Ann wrote:

"John" expounded:

Does anyone know the correct way to control decorative grass (Dwarf
Variegated Miscanthus). As you can see in the picture, it doesn't look quite
right.

How old is that clump? It looks as though the center has died off -
if it's an old planting, it probably needs to be divided. If it's
rooted anything like the one I had, good luck - the roots are
incredibly tough to get out of the ground!

I seem to remember a backhoe doing well with such.

That's about what you need. Fortunately the plant died during a bad
winter, only a few stragglers survived, so I finally was able to get
rid of it - it was too close to the end of the driveway and blocked
the line of sight. I've got a gorgeous yellow baptisia there now G
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts