Old 14-08-2007, 03:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
tenman tenman is offline

Default Trichopilia fragrans

John Varigos wrote:
Also known as Trichopilia albida, this is quite a widespread species found
through the Caribbean from Cuba and into the countries of northern South
America.
~John

IMO, the plant pictured seems to be some form of T.laxa and not
T.fragrans. Many, if not most, trichopilias sold during the last century
have been mislabelled, most often as fragrans. I have bloomed out
thirteen plants now that were labelled as fragrans and can safely say
not one has been fragrans - yet. Fragrans is a crystalline white flower
with a yellow inner throat. John, would you be willing to send me the
pic directly so I can get a better look? I would also be very interested
in more information about this plant if you're willing
( ). The picture I'm seeing here is split and has
the bottom half overexposed.

More trichopilia pics may be viewed at:
http://www.trichopilia.com , and also on the IOSPE.

Tennis the tricho nut