Old 14-08-2007, 08:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default tap vs. filtered water, and how often?

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 07:04:56 -0700, Sheldon wrote:

On Aug 14, 12:27?am, Persephone wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:54:12 -0700, Sheldon wrote:
On Aug 12, 2:29?pm, Persephone wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 09:59:34 -0500, "cat daddy"
wrote:

[...]

Most municipal water supplies fresh from the tap are pretty heavy on
chlorine... you may want to consider filling a large container and
letting it sit a few days for the chlorine to evaporate, then use that
water for your plants.

thanks to whichever poster offered this golden hint!

That would be moi. I don't keep house plants anymore because now I
have cats

non sequitur!!!

not mutually exclusive

You haven't met my cats. LOL

Actually I do still have one house plant, an asparagus fern that
spends summers outdoors hanging from a tree and spends winters hanging
from a beam by a cellar window. But I don't really need indoor plants
these days, for the last few years I own 106 acres of outdoor plants.

oh, man- y'all need a helper??? g

this trick of aging water from my days of raising tropical fish, in
fact I was the one who brought the very first batch of fancy veil tail
guppies into the US from Germany (1953

so you're the one who flushed them down the toilet, whereupon they
grew to MONSTER sizes.. makes the New York alligators look like
weenies...

vbg