Old 14-08-2007, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Tomato Blight

"Paul Luton" wrote ...
Just as our outdoor tomatoes are beginning to ripen one plant (Dombito
IIRC) has a dark brown section of stem. I panicked , assuming blight, took
off the fruit for ripening indoors and pulled up the plant. The other
plants - Gardeners Delight - seem clean apart from yellowing of lower
leaves. Do the experts consider that I Have been hasty or wise or is it
too
late ?

Pulled up and burnt all our outdoor Toms a couple of weeks ago so no fruit
this year, all our potatoes had it too so they all had to be dug up and
sorted, and will need constant checking to ensure any rotting ones are
removed. Such a shame as they were growing so well.
Same with everyone on our allotment site except one who sprays everything
that moves with all sorts of professional type chemicals.
We have not known Blight it so bad as it is this year.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden