Old 15-08-2007, 12:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Will it bring a Flood of questions?

"aquachimp" wrote ...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../nallot114.xml

Just in case you're wondering what I'm on about. Its about allotment
sizes being reduced to cope with increasing demand for such plots and
some rule about 1 plot per 1000 residents ... or something like that.

I've seen lots of plots on sites around here that are not kept well (if at
all) and cannot understand why the gardeners are not asked to clean up their
plots or go. There is a plot opposite ours that is totally derelict, the
only things on it are a plum tree and apricot tree and these are dying for
lack of care, fruit disappears though!
Often it's people that are too old/frail to tend a full plot so a small one
would be more appropriate anyway.
Since they closed our old site we have gone down from 15 to 7.5 rods, half
the area, without too much problem, just more detailed and careful planning.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden