Old 14-08-2007, 11:18 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Squirrels & nets

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:06:55 CST, wrote:

last thing I "hunted and killed" was a squirrel (16 gauge). didnt
want to eat the thing with all the shot in it, so I quit hunting. I
am in the city. cant shot anything that draws attention. up close I
have dispatched many, many chippies with a pellet gun (I trap em and
then kill em). I am going after the squirrels now with take em alive
cages. they been breaking into our roof, they been eating my pears
and will go after figs next I am sure. gotta kill the ones figured
out whats what. Ingrid

Sounds like you have a serious squirrel problem if you have to go to that
extreme.

In late fall mine may take a tomato or two, but beyond that, not much else.
I had a sunflower volunteer come up in the garden. The other day they had
removed the head and carried it off, which was fine with me. Only time I've
had a real problem with them was when I was worried about feeding my family
that I stopped buying for their family. They chewed all the perches off the
finch feeder. As long as I give them some in the morning, they behave.

It is quite comical to watch a squirrel bury a peanut in the grass. They
fluff the grass afterwards better than any golfer would return a divot. You
would never know there had been a hole dug and peanut buried. Unfortunately
the skunks know, and they don't fill in the hole once they rob it.
:-( ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us