Old 15-08-2007, 12:30 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Rocks on top of a plant pot

"JS" wrote:

If you don't mind, can we stick with my original question,
whether it is OK or not to put some landscape rocks
on the surface of a pot to make it heavier? It is just a
simple YES or NO answer !!

I'd say it's fine for the plant to place whatever you like on the
surface of the *pot*, but not necessarily directly on the potting
soil.

Didja ever consider heavier pots...

Search: concrete planters

http://www.wausautile.com/index.cfm/...roduct/y/id/22

Also, perhaps you can coat your pots with something heavy... I hear
tell these days you can buy Chinese Pb paint real cheap.