Old 15-08-2007, 04:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
James James is offline

Default Celery in my garden

On Aug 15, 9:41 am, Doogie wrote:
Perhaps you aren't giving it enough time? These things take
weeks and weeks.

That could be, although they've been in the ground for a couple months
now. With it being the middle of August I was thinking we don't have
a ton of time left as far as vegetables producting goes. But I'm new
to the celery aspect of this so am not real sure.

If you mound soil or mulch around the plant as it grows, you'll get
blanched ones like expensive gourmet celery.

Some times when soil conditions arn't right and plants are stunted.
Also plants stunted sitting at the nursery may not recover.