Old 15-08-2007, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Green thumb lawn care

Alan Jones wrote:
jives11 wrote:
Hi, My Mum uses "Green Thumb" who look after her lawn with 4
treatments per year. Does anyone have any experience of "Green Thumb"
or what the nature of their treatments are ? My Mums lawn is looking
very good, and is a rich dark green in colour, I just wondered if
other have used them ?

Thanks

Yes, and I'm very satisfied. The lawns were seriously weedy - dandelions,
clover, moss, daisies and lots of other stuff that I couldn't get rid of.
It's almost all gone now, after two treatments, and the grass is deeper in
colour and even feels softer. I've asked them to scarify the grass at the
appropriate time, to get rid of the matted debris. They don't mow - just
apply fertiliser and weedkiller - but the cost is modest, considering the
results. They make an inspection, without obligation on the potential
client's part, and provide a written report and estimate. There is no
continuing commitment: you pay after each visit.

"Green Thumb" is a franchise operation, and I suppose there may therefore
perhaps be a difference in standards across the country, but I can't speak
too highly of the branch in Box, Wiltshire.

Alan Jones

Felt that I had to add a little here. Just had a knock on the door, to
my surprise it was Green Thumb, who only came 3 weeks ago and were not
due until mid September for the Autumn treatment. The chap explained
that as it had rained heavily when has it not this Summer?) very soon
after the last visit it was a follow up to see how the treatment had
taken. As he found weeds (not a lot) on both lawns he has retreated
them, part of the service it seems!