Old 15-08-2007, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_31_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_31_] is offline

Default Don't go up on the moor tonight..........

Sacha wrote:
:: On 15/8/07 08:33, in article ,
:: "Robert (Plymouth)" remove my
:: other hobby to reply wrote:
::
::: Sacha wrote:
::::: Bit of a joke between me and Raymond that subject line but it's
::::: blowing up a nasty here. It's very hard to imagine any summer
::::: coming in now. It has rained on and off almost all day, sun
::::: shone a little towards 5pm and now we're back to serious rain and
::::: strong winds.
:::::
::::: --
::::: Sacha
:::::
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
::::: South Devon
::::: (remove weeds from address)
::::: 'We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from
::::: our children.'
:::
::: Walked a Woodside dog down to Plym Bridge from Cann Woods yesterday
::: and the river was so full from the overnight rain on Monday. Never
::: seen it flow so strongly and wash over things that are normally on
::: dry land
:::
:::
:: I'm going to take the dogs and the grand daughter up to Spitchwick
:: this morning, just while there's a glimmer of sunshine. It will be
:: very interesting to see what the river's doing there - if we can get
:: near it! It absolutely hurled it down all night and the wind is
:: still pretty lively. I'm more than ever thankful that we've
:: abandoned our idea of a tour of Britain and have opted for two weeks
:: in Turkey instead. It's sad but the idea of peering through
:: windscreen wipers the whole time isn't very alluring.
::
::
:: --
:: Sacha
:: http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
:: South Devon
:: (remove weeds from address)
:: 'We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from
:: our children.'

It came out fine for a few hours around midday, good enough to play in the
breakers but too rough for a proper swim