Old 15-08-2007, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson Sally Thompson is offline

Default Hedge Hog question.

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:17:15 +0100, aquachimp wrote
(in article . com):

On Aug 14, 1:21 am, "Emrys Davies" wrote:
Do not feed the hedgehog a fish based product or milk. Water is ideal.
I have fed hedgehogs for some thirty or so years and I find, from their
droppings, that beetles are their main source of food. On many
occasions I have seen a slug in the act of eating from the hedgehogs
bowl but when the hedgehog arrives it ignores the slug. However, I
think that they eat very tiny slugs, those which have not long hatched
and they certainly suck lob worms.

OK, I have to ask as I've been rummaging 'round the garden to see if
the hedgehog has really been to the place previously rampaged by
weevils, or beetles in any case.
So, err, this droppings.... what do they look like and where might
they be, or more to the point, how do I find out how much of the 2 to
3 kilometers hedgehogs can do every-night was done here?

All you could possibly want to know about hedgehog droppings:
http://images.google.co.uk/images?gb...og+droppings&b
tnG=Search+Images

:-)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Burne-Jones/William Morris window in Shropshire church with conservation