Old 15-08-2007, 03:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Squirrels & nets

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:17:19 CST, Galen Hekhuis
wrote:

If you are going for a
pellet gun, you probably haven't hunted many squirrels.

I would prefer my 22/410 over and under, but the neighbors get upset.
They don't hear the pop of a .177 pellet gun early in the morning, and
yes, the 22 pellet did work a bit better on body shots, but my
Benjamin wore out. However I killed 15 tree rats from the live oak
next door the year the house was empty. The previous and present
owners thought they were cute and ignored their digging in flower
beds, eating bulbs and stripping bark off the limbs of trees, making
them weak. Once before I sent an ad to this group that never
appeared, so I'll just say my scope mounted 1000 fps Gamo .177 will
drop a squirrel immediately if I can get a good head shot. If not, it
kills. Sorry if I'm not too sympathetic with something that is
destroying my little part of the world, but it is my intention to kill
it quickly.

I find three to five pecan nuts in the shell wired to a have-a-heart
trap treadle work quietly and the squirrel has a bit of trouble
swimming out of the pond with the trap, in fact none has made it so
far.
Regards,
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8