Old 15-08-2007, 10:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default I knew better, but...

"MVD" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any suggestions on a good product for that purpose?

A lawn mower.

Years ago, when the kidlette was small and we were broke, we moved into a
house that had knee high weeds and saplings in a neglected, overgrown
backyard. I yanked out the saplings and mowed the weeds. Where there were
low spots I just filled it in with dirt and stomped it down, the grass took
over the bare spots all by its self. After a few years of just watering and
mowing (often enough so that the weeds didn't go to seed) we had a
beautiful, tough as nails, kid proof lawn. It was the neighborhood play spot
since nobody was hollering to "stay off the lawn!". Never did use any type
of fertilizer or pesticide on that stuff and it put the constantly worked on
"golf green" money pits in the rest of the neighborhood to shame.

I also hand picked the newly sprouting, tender dandelion leaves for salads
and sautéed greens....yummy! But then, you could probably sauté an old shoe
in shallots and butter and it would be yummy

Val