Old 16-08-2007, 01:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray B Ray B is offline

Default Aeroponics experiments...

Should work great, but be careful of sharing plant pathogens....

"Duncan" wrote in message
I am using a modified " pipe dreams" system. It is a 6" pvc pipe with
three inch mesh baskets on 6" centers. Or is that 6'? i always get the
foot and inch symbel(sp?) confused. There is a mister between every other
basket. Works real nice as long as you keep the water cool(65F). I do
approx 45sec on and aprrox 5 min off. I have done much longer off cycles
with good results as well but the tubes tend to heat up a lot in hot
weather. Any thing with a psuedobulb grows to insane size in no time. I
had a Zygo flower 4 times in one year and compleatly burst the pot. The
biggest things you have to watch for are the stem/rhizome getting to wet
and salts accumulating when water wicks up.

"?" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:52:59 GMT in fSmwi.58154$_d2.27926@pd7urf3no
Duncan wrote:
I bought a bunch(40) cold damaged phal's from Rona/Revy for $4 a few
months
ago to use as an experiment in an aeroponics system. So far i've only
lost two and some were doubles so I am about even on that score. But
the
big suprise was when I repotted them. Four of the ones with tags were
amabalis and two of them were v.Formosa. A real nice bonus since I
usually
only grow species.

So,
what setup and what results on the aeroponics?
--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up