Old 16-08-2007, 11:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
KarenCannoli KarenCannoli is offline

Default Brandywine tomatoes

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Just tasted the first one. Holy smokes. Not like any tomato I've ever tasted. It's
an old variety, not very disease resistant, so the leaves look like the plant's
struggling a bit, while the Better Boy variety next to it is doing just fine. But
the taste - totally outrageous.

Put it on your list for next year.

This is one of our mandatory 'matoes; the others are Black Krim, Sungold (cherry)
and Green Zebra.
For us, the heirlooms have been good producers this year. We only have one hybrid this
year and it's not doing that well (Early Girl).
CareWren--drying tomatoes and making sauce today