Old 17-08-2007, 02:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Red Mulch Update

"symplastless" expounded:

The red mulch does not seem to be composted. I would say it was closer to
fresh chips rather than com,posted wood. I personally would never use red
mulch, unless it was composted red wood, on a clients property. Its nice
how the dark, well composted wood chips and leaves are against the lawns.
Of course you are talking about tomatoes. The mulch we use in tree care is
composted wood chips and leaves and of course there are needles as well. It
is a dark color which fades to dark brown.

Huh? Red *plastic* mulch, John. We had discussed it earlier in the
newsgroup. I would never touch that fake red bark mulch, nor do I
think it's attractive or ever necessary.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts