Old 17-08-2007, 02:04 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default While Rome burns ethanol....

"Ann" wrote in message
"cat daddy" expounded:

Yeah, Bush don't shop. A gallon of milk's up about a $1.50 over the

last
month here, which makes it about 1.5 times more expensive than gasoline.

Sorry for the side-track, but you've struck something that's been
bugging me. Could you please explain why Oakhurst Dairy milk is a
full dollar higher in Mass than it is in NH? No one else has an
explanation, other than that we're supposedly flush with money down
here in MA and they're poorer in NH. I guess eye roll

I should have stopped reading after I sent the first reply.

"Study of Milk Market Channel Pricing and Related Documents"

"Toward Reform of Fluid Milk Pricing in Southern New England: Analysis of
Proposed State Level Milk Regulation Policies in CT and MA"
http://www.fmpc.uconn.edu/research/milk/
[View the Action Summary Sheet for Massachusetts pdf]

"The report that this sheet summarizes analyzes a proposed fee that will
be collected on fluid milk sold by retailers and the proposed subsidy
program that will establish a green price for dairy farmers."

Northeast Interstate Dairy Compact,
http://www.rilin.state.ri.us/Statute...-24/2-24-1.HTM

N. H. Milk Producers Emergency Relief Fund
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legi...07/sb0235.html