Old 17-08-2007, 04:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Aaron Hicks Aaron Hicks is offline

Default shipping questions

Really far behind in my reading r.g.o. these days.

We ship tens of thousands of seedlings out of what is probably one
of the hottest ZIP codes in the country; I have yet to have a report of
seedlings damaged by heat. Once a year, we might lose a shipment due to a
snap snowstorm (the last one was 2005, I think), but that's it.

We ship in cardboard boxes with plastic peanuts. Nothing fancy.

I figure the box goes from the a/c house to the a/c car to the a/c
post office to a truck that hauls it to some a/c shipping center in the
shadow of the airport. From there, FedEx (which handless air shipments of
USPS Priority Mail these days) moves it as fast as they can.

I also follow Rod Venger's suggestion from way the heck back when:
absolutely no indications as to the contents. No "Fragile" or "Perishable"
or other designations.

The address in the header is bogus. Send no email there.

-AJHicks
Chandler, AZ