Old 17-08-2007, 02:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] jangchub@sakajawa.org is offline

Default Brandywine tomatoes

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:07:32 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Just tasted the first one. Holy smokes. Not like any tomato I've ever
tasted. It's an old variety, not very disease resistant, so the leaves look
like the plant's struggling a bit, while the Better Boy variety next to it
is doing just fine. But the taste - totally outrageous.

Put it on your list for next year.

I've had some better foliage and tomatoes when I sprayed the foliage
using skim milk in water. I used a half cup powdered milk to the
gallon and used this regularly. It cuts way down on mildew and other
problems. You can use skim milk out of the carton as well. Then, I
mix a cup with a gallon of water and put it in my pump up sprayer.
This method is useless in a hose end sprayer.

Yes, there is nothing like a Brandywine.