Old 17-08-2007, 02:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Brandywine tomatoes

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 8/17/07 8:26 AM, in article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 8/16/07 4:07 PM, in article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

Just tasted the first one. Holy smokes. Not like any tomato I've ever
tasted. It's an old variety, not very disease resistant, so the leaves
look
like the plant's struggling a bit, while the Better Boy variety next to
it
is doing just fine. But the taste - totally outrageous.

Put it on your list for next year.

They are the best. But I'll echo the recommendation for Green Zebras.

Subtitle:
Seed starting project takes over entire basement.

Ever read Mike McGrath about seed starting?

No. What's it about? Removing your furnace to make more room for seed trays?
:-)