Old 17-08-2007, 09:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross David E. Ross is offline

Default Transporting house plants in hot car

On 8/17/2007 11:17 AM, tenplay wrote:
We will be moving from Olympia in Western Washington to Sacramento in
Northern California during the last week of September. We have a
variety of house plants that we are very fond of and would like to take
with us. It takes about 12 hours by car. We have a couple of Subaru
Foresters (mini SUVs) that we will be driving. The temperatures on the
way will be in the 80's and 90's. What steps should we take to ensure
that the plants survive the drive? Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Be aware of limits on transporting live and fresh plant materials across
the California border. See http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/phpps/pe/summary.htm.

--
David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

Natural foods can be harmful: Look at all the
people who die of natural causes.