Old 18-08-2007, 12:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby[_2_] Stubby[_2_] is offline

Default Problem with Fescue

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 17, 5:11 pm, Foobar wrote:
On Aug 17, 4:14 pm, Eggs Zachtly wrote:

Foobar said:

[...]

overseed yearly

Source?

--

Eggs

-Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first

woman she
meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again. -
Marin County newspaper's TV listing for The Wizard of Oz

Since Fescue is a clump grass, yes, yearly.

http://www.fescue.com/maintenance/index.html

http://plantanswers.tamu.edu/turf/pu.../tallfesc.html

I would submit that the first reference, which is part of
seedland.com, is a seed merchant that has an interest in selling more
seed by saying that you should overseed every year. And even they say
it's necessary for tall fescue, not all fescues.

Note that "Tall Fescue" is a very specific grass. Bags of seed that list
"fescue(s)" probably do NOT contain Tall Fescue. Lofts Rebel II is all Tall
Fescue and there are one or two others.

Tall Fescue seems to be working for me here northwest of Boston. Neighbors'
lawns are fairly burned out, but mine is still reasonable. I overseed
lightly after Labor Day.