Old 18-08-2007, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John Vanini John Vanini is offline

Default Growing Cabbages (and Sprouts, and Cauliflowers)

Yes, of course, Mary, so have I, come to think of it! I've seen them way up
the wall in old sheds and on the roof in my garage - and on top of the
plastic sheets that my topsoil has come in.

There's been so much rain about that I've got water on the brain - perhaps I
need a tap on the head!?

Regards,

John

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"John Vanini" wrote in message

As Mary suggested, it just might stop slugs but then they may be able to
climb a 4" plastic wall - I really don't know.

No, I didn't suggest that it might stop slugs, slugs are my greatest
problem with brassica and I wondered if this method might work some magic
with them too :-)

A 4" vertical plastic wall wouldn't be a barrier to any slug, I've seen
them on the first story wall of our house and they're often found on the
garage roof and the greenhouse roof too, both inside and out.

Mary