Old 18-08-2007, 06:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
San Diego Joe San Diego Joe is offline

Default Slug alert..

"Marco Schwarz" wrote:

Hi..

Last winter was no real winter and this summer is unusual
wet and monsoon-like means we have big brown slugs, slugs,
slugs up to 5"..

Well lost my tomatoes, my salad, several herbs and some
anual flowers and now they're just conquering the edges of
the buckets, barrels and summer ponds. Their next target
seem to be the emerged parts of the pond plants/aquaria
plants. That's enough now..! So how to get rid of these
invaders..?

P.S.: A ponder here gave me the tip to keep some big
crayfish and that I should feed them with slugs.. How do
you think about it..?

Thanks in advance..

I use a pet safe bait called Sluggo. The active ingredient is iron
phosphate, so any other product that uses this should be safe as well. Just
check the label.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.