Old 18-08-2007, 08:06 PM posted to alt.forestry,rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes
Joe[_9_] Joe[_9_] is offline

Default [Fwd: Effective method to prevent emerald ash borer]

Larry, what's your problem? You end up ridiculing the small number of
foresters who actually bother to participate here. The other 99.99%, who
live off the taxpayers or who simply feed wood raw material to mills, and
the hundreds of academics- don't bother to participate because there's no
way for them to control the dialogue, and they're too hooked into the party
line for open discussion. Rather than rant against those few of us who
actually earn a living doing real forestry in the private sector, where we
need to continually serve our clients well, or lose their "good will"- try
getting those others here and you'll have no luck. I've tried participating
in forums set up by the SAF and the Guild and others, and they're all
nothing but the same old tired party line- say anything against THEIR party
line, and they throw you out. Here, everyone enjoys full freedom of speech.
So, if you don't like what we say, why not just ignore that message.

I've delete rec.gardens and alt.great-lakes. I suggest that the foresters
here always do the same and we'll get back to real forestry discussions. I
suggest that Mr. Tree Biologist do the same.

Joe

"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
(Geoff-consulting forester in the US) says...
What do you know, blow hard? Why don't you go thin your 15 year old
plantations and see how much you can sell them for *grin*

You know how much they are worth? $0.00 *grin*

Hey - if you pay me normal rate + a special anti-ethics fee* + a one way
round trip air fare to whatever portion of the Western forest you live
in, I could come up with a high appraisal figure using the kind of
creative accounting that corporate America uses to over value their
stocks.

And this the guy who whines endlessly on alt.forestry that land owners
don't want to hire him. He's one that knows *less* than 10% of what he
thinks he knows.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.