Old 18-08-2007, 10:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Mysterious tree from Jerusalem

It appears to be a legume type tree of some sort.

I am interested in finding out what it is. I would be interested in a stem
sample to place under the microscope. Is that possible. I could tell you a
great deal about the tree if I had a sample.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"Gyorgy Sajo" wrote in message
. ..
Greetings,

On my last trip to Israel in October 2006 I saw a very interesting tree in
a garden in Jerusalem. The tree itself did not look that special, but it
had some very peculiar capsules which I collected from below the tree. I
have since asked some botanist friends about it but they could not tell me
what kind of tree it is.

If some of you could help me to identify this tree, I would be very
thankful.

Here is a picture of the tree itself (it is the one with the grey bark in
the middle):

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/gyury/Tree01.jpg

...and here are two pictures of the capsules:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/gyury/Tree02.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/gyury/Tree03.jpg

Thanks again,
Gyorgy