Old 19-08-2007, 01:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_3_] Manelli Family[_3_] is offline

Default Chewing Critters

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Those grasshoppers - luber grasshoppers love Dends! I forget where you
are. We do see them in FL. Big suckers.

I am in middle TN where the drought is severe. We just had 3 weeks of 99 to
106 F temps. If I see another one on my plants I will bring them back
indoors. One of the Phal's nice new leaves has a quarter size hole chewed
in it. This insect chewed right through the Den' flower stalk, leaving the
flowers and buds laying there on the floor. I could have cried.