Old 19-08-2007, 01:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_3_] Manelli Family[_3_] is offline

Default Chewing Critters

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
My friends have mice/rats eating their buds, spikes and inflorescnces...
so it was a thought. There's a great story of Fordyce stabbing the rat
that ate his only remaining piece of Argh 'Neon Light' FCC/AOS was the
clonal name..... anyway he hunted teh rat down stabbed it with a knife on
a spike then searched the entrails for a viable eye.... to no avail. The
gereral opinion is that judges are reincarnated as rats or slugs when
they die since these vermin eat only the desireable plants.

The snakes here keep the field mice under control but I plan to use
mouse-rat baits in the GH this winter. We don't have rats this far from
town.