Old 18-08-2007, 09:44 PM posted to sci.bio.botany,sci.bio.misc,sci.bio.paleontology,sci.bio.systematics
John Harshman John Harshman is offline

Default Taxon character matrices database

Daniel wrote:

Thanks, it is fine (if the server could be connected). But what I was
looking for are character sequences (morphological) for higher taxons
like classis, familias, etc.

I'm not sure what you mean by "character sequences". Do you mean lists
of synapomorphies? One would of course find this in any published
phylogeny based on morphological characters, or if not then an
examination of the character matrix and descriptions would give you that
information. Some of those are in Treebase. What taxa are you
specifically interested in?

And the Treebase server was down for a few days but I'm assured that
it's working again.