Old 19-08-2007, 05:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cliff & Sue Drake Cliff & Sue Drake is offline

Default Transporting house plants in hot car

Wise advice from Mr. Ross! Be prepared to verify that the plants have NOT
lived outdoors, if you can. In my experience, it also helps to have e-mail
correspondence with someone from the CDFA about your plants ahead of time --
and be able to produce it at the border. It doesn't appear from reading the
info on the link David provided that your houseplants will pose a threat,
but you never know...

We moved several houseplants with us in the car from WI to about 90 miles
north of Sacto (in early Sept.) seven years ago. The drive took us several
days, and the plants did fine -- we kept them in the backseat and were able
to keep them from roasting during the day. Brought them in with us at
night, watered them in the morning -- all made it and most are currently
living happily on the front porch. Best of luck to you!
--
Happy trails....

Sue Drake
Beautiful Butte County, CA
Sunset Zone 7, USDA Zone 8

"David E. Ross" wrote: Be aware of limits on transporting live and fresh
plant materials across the California border. See
http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/phpps/pe/summary.htm.