Old 19-08-2007, 08:55 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Rocks on top of a plant pot

In article ,
Billy wrote:

Larger heavier pots certainly would help but since JS is growing "trees"
in the pots, I'll take a wild guess that they are larger than a gallon
in size. So, I presume, we already have large heavy pots. A larger
heavier pot with a higher center of gravity would worsen the situation.
Another approach would be to widen the base but that may depend on the
material that the pot is made of but a drain hole at the bottom "might"
be a place where a nut and bolt and a couple of washers, could be used
to attach to a horizontal frame under the plant, thereby spreading it's
base. It would also be helpful to reduce the height of the trees to
reduce the leverage the wind can generate on your trees. Pruning the
leaves would reduce the pressure the wind can apply to your trees. It is
up to you to decide the esthetic - stability balance that works for you.

--
Bil

Y'know, bolting the pot to some boards to widen the base is something
I'd not thought of.

Excellent idea!

If you put wheels on those boards, it would make them easier to move too.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.