Old 19-08-2007, 01:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Brandywine tomatoes

On 8/18/07 10:25 AM, in article ,
" wrote:

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:05:54 -0400, Ann wrote:

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

Mike McGrath used to edit Organic Gardening back when it spent more time
talking about gardening and less about how evil (fill in the blank) was. His
dismissal over disparaging a deep pockets chemical company lead to the end
of the magazine I think.

I dearly remember the old Organic Gardening and Farming, and miss it
and Mike's writings in it. I do read him in Green Prints, but OG has
never been the same. I get that now because I'm a member of the New
England Wildflower Society - I'd rather they stuck to the lovely mugs
they gave us each year, or the prints. OG is a waste of celluloid
now.

Yeah, that is a shame. I had a friend of my father's give me a huge
box full of the original A4 format OGM and when I escaped from New
York I got rid of them. I sure do wish I'd have thought that one
through. All that information is more than likely still relavant. I
also used to love the OG show on PBS. When Mike left OG the show was
no longer fun. Shame.

I'd have taken those. I heard about the show and mostly good things, but
with Victory Garden being the locally filmed PBS show, there was no chance
of them picking it up.