Old 02-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Penny Morgan

Default Cats again

You may want to try a product that is sold in garden centers that repels
cats. It may be called Chase Away or something close to that. Also, check
to see if it's safe to use on edibles. I can't be sure, but I think it's a
granular product that has a predator's urine in it so cats will not go near
it. It's usually fox or coyote urine. Many landscapers are using products
similar to these to keep animals out of planted flower and shrub beds. May
be something you can check on. I believe you sprinkle it around the
perimeter of the garden and not on the actual garden. Good luck.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina
"Albert Fiantaca" wrote in message
Hi

It's springtime. The garden soil is soft and has been turned once. The
gang of neighborhood cats have decided that my vegetable garden plot is
the place to crap in. It stinks to the heavens and I particularly don't
want it where I grow food. I have to search out the spot where they
their bury it and dig it out to dispose of it. What can I do to put a
stop to this? No, I can't shoot them. Poison is out, I have a dog, and
young children around.

Thanks, Al